Initial Weight Week 1: 130
Final Weight Week 6: 123
Thank you for following my weight loss journey for the last six weeks. I still have a couple of pounds to go but I am proud of my success so far.
For me, the hardest parts of reaching a healthy weight are exercising, avoiding eating out, and skipping convenience foods. I am still in search for ways to make my exercise more effective… thinking about getting jogging stroller, but I can’t justify the cost unless I am sure I will use it (and I’m not sure).
Here is my prescription for a healthy diet:
– Choose water has your main beverage
– Try to eat as many vegetables as you can (especially bright colored ones)
– Eat fruit when you want something sweet (preferably ones that are in season and locally grown)
– Experiment with new healthy foods that you haven’t tried before
– Bake, broil, or roast meats
– Limit total grain intake and choose whole grains
– Try to limit eating out to once a week (very difficult for me)
– Exercise often (the recommendation is 30 minutes on most days)
– Treat yourself, but don’t cheat yourself!
Remember that life is all about balance and making the changes and choices that are right for you and your family!
What is your healthy eating “prescription”?